Ages 3 Months – 24 Months
At this age, children expand their curiosity and begin to explore the world around them by using their new gross motor skills (crawling and walking). Through daily routines and play, children are involved in an early stimulation program with the following characteristics:
- Adults constantly talk to children.
- Adults naturally expand children’s language.
- Children are involved in small group activities such as: story telling, drawing, singing, dancing and playing.
- Adults provide children with age appropriate toys to explore and enhance their curiosity.
- Adults help children exercise to promote their motor development.
- Adults encourage children’s self- awareness and individuality by talking about their physical and emotional changes